Sunday 12 June 2011

The Dandy Lion Market

Hi all,

I thought it was about time I did a long overdue update and share some fab pics from my first market yesterday. The market that popped my cherry was The Dandy Lion Market held at The Boogaloo in Highgate.
This was a first-time market organised by the very lovely Leslie Wilson-Rutterford and there were some fab stalls there including Kate from Cut & Tear who had some beautiful butterfly hairclips which my friend purchased, my daughter had her arm painted by Jyoti Mehta which she absolutely loved and we were all munching on delicious pizzas by Linda all day long!

I had a wonderful day so here are some pics to give you a taste...


Necklaces were displayed on twisty branches which had been wrapped in fairy lights..


 The bunny brooches wered displayed sitting on lush green 'grass' :-)


 My daughter getting henna on her arm from Jyoti



 It's meeeee :-)


Cake stand display for my corsage bracelets...


So there it is..my first market and Im sure I'll be doing many more in the future. There is something quite special about making a sale first-hand its quite a thrill :-)

There were some great stalls there but if you couldn't make it here are some online shops for your shopping fix :-)

Leslie, the organiser of the market has some great vintage and handmade items in her Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/microniche) I especially love this cable-knit cushion..but then Im a cushion junkie :-)



www.etsy.com/listing/72670206/orange-cable-jumper-upcycled-cushion?ref=pr_shop

Cut & Tear has some beautiful and unsual hair accessories..pure eco-chic..I especially love these hair clips which incidentally were the ones my friend bought and came in a very clever gift bag repurposed from magazine pages:


www.etsy.com/listing/73133751/funky-upcycled-butterfly-hair-clips

So there you have it :-) it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, I met some lovely people, made some sales..job done :-)

Take care all..X

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog, Sare! Thanks for all the lovely comments. Your stall and wares looked fabulous and it was a pleasure having you at the Dandy Lion Market. Leslie x
    You can connect to me on my blog too at http://leslieworks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete