Monday 21 February 2011

Learning On My Feet!

Hi!
Well it's been a little while since Ive done a post as Ive been busy busy filling my  Etsy jewellery shop with all manner of goodies: seahorses, octopi, butterflies, delicate crawling leaf creations.
As well as trying to design and make Ive been trying to find time to promote and market my products. This side of the business I had no idea would take up so much time. Its something I have very little experience of and have found myself learning so much as I go along about branding, marketing, re-directing traffic (feel like a lollypop lady anyone?) and generally trying to drum up business :-)
Today I have been researching how to legally run a competition on Facebook as apparently they are prone to shutting down accounts with little to no notice if the rules are breached. However the rules are not clear to a layperson like me and after some 'Googling' Ive found a link which explains it clearly and concisely. Here it is:

http://bellybeyond.blogspot.com/2010/07/facebook-competition-and-promotion.html

Unfortunately it's not straightforward and I think I will advertise the comp on Facebook, re-direct people to my lovely blog and have them enter it on here so watch this space for an amazing spectacular competition heading this way soon!
In the meantime here are some pics of my recent creations:


2 comments:

  1. I am loving that seahorse design! It is gorgeous :)

    Em @nimblefoxdesign

    pamjalibri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had a bit of a sealife moment :-)

    ReplyDelete